, Mar 8, 2022
Hannah Pankhurst de Sousa
Why do you think International Women’s Day is important?
Celebrating great women and their achievements
What are some achievements of yours?
- 20 year career in technology industry
- Mum to 2 children while working full-time
- AZ900 certification – a big challenge given my lack of technical ability
- Fluent in French
- Himalayan trek raising >£5k for Breast Cancer Care
- Competing for my Riding Club team at Royal International Horse Trials Hickstead
What progress have you seen on gender equality in your life and work?
Greater acceptance of women in the workplace, and in senior roles, although still a way to go.
What’s the most important piece of advice you’d give to a woman thinking of starting a career in tech?
Don’t assume you have to have technical knowledge for a successful career in technology. I have been in tech for 20 years off the back of a French degree!